Buckle up, because we’re about to take you on a culinary joyride with our lightning-fast How to Make the Best Beef Stroganoff recipe!
In under 30 minutes, you’ll have a steaming plate of pure comfort food ready to sooth your taste buds.
So, grab your apron and let’s dive into a Beef Stroganoff adventure that’s about to become a regular star in your weeknight dinner lineup!
Table of contents
- What Cut of Beef is Best for Beef Stroganoff? Chuck Steak
- What about using Stewing Beef?
What Cut of Beef is Best for Stroganoff?
In our humble opinion, the unsung hero of this dish is none other than chuck steak.
Yes, you heard that right!
This cut, with its perfect marriage of tenderness and flavor, elevates your Stroganoff from good to absolutely phenomenal.
The Best Cut of Beef for Beef Stroganoff? Chuck Steak
- Chuck Steak €32.99 – €64.99
Typical Beef Steaks for Beef Stroganoff
Want to Use Stewing Beef?
Sure, you can absolutely use stewing beef for your Stroganoff. The recipe will just take longer, giving these tough pieces of meat time to tenderize.
Just make sure to simmer these tough strips of beef for over an hour or until it’s melt-in-your-mouth tender.
It’s a thrifty choice that, with a little love and care, can turn into a succulent masterpiece.
Stewing Beef for Beef Stroganoff
- 450g Chuck Steak (Chuck, thinly sliced)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 225g Mushrooms (sliced)
- 30ml Worcestershire Sauce
- 15ml Dijon Mustard
- 240ml Beef Broth
- 120ml cup Sour Cream
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Cooked Egg Noodles (for serving)
- Chopped Parsley (for garnish)
Sear the Beef:
Onion and Garlic Magic:
- In the same skillet, sauté the finely chopped onion & minced garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms & cook until they release moisture and turn golden brown.
The Sauce Unveiled:
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and beef broth in a bowl.
- Pour this mixture into the skillet, allowing it to bubble and thicken.
Reunion of Flavors:
- Gently reintroduce the seared beef to the skillet, letting it meld into the sauce.
- Reduce heat, stir in the sour cream, and let it gently meld into the dish.
Serve and Garnish:
- Serve the Beef Stroganoff over cooked egg noodles.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley for a fresh touch.
There you have it – a Beef Stroganoff that’s quick, flavorful, and sure to become a family favorite. With Steak Club’s regeneratively farmed chuck steak, you’re not just cooking a meal, you’re creating a masterpiece.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can I use a different cut of beef?
Can I freeze leftover stroganoff?
Yes, simply store it in an airtight container and freeze for up to three months.
What wine pairs best with beef stroganoff?
A medium-bodied red like Pinot Noir complements the dish’s rich flavors impeccably.
Can I use yogurt instead of sour cream?
While it will alter the flavor slightly, yogurt can be a viable substitute for a lighter version.